Unitech Pte Ltd (Unitech) maintains this site (the “Site”) for your information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. If you are browsing this Site as a non-commercial consumer, you may download material displayed on the Site for your non-commercial, personal use only. If you are browsing this Site as an employee/agent/member of any business or organization, you may download material displayed on the site Site only for non-commercial purposes within your business or organization. This permission is specifically conditioned on your retaining all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. Additionally, you shall not distribute or transmit (except, within your business or organization), modify, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without the written permission of Unitech. Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that all material on the Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site.
- Your use of the Site is at your risk. Unitech makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy and Unitech specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site. Neither Unitech nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or inability to use or access, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- Features and specifications of products described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Non-metric weights and measures are approximate. All monitor screens are measured diagonally; all monitor screen images contained in this database are simulated pictures unless otherwise indicated.
- Unitech assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- If you send any communications or materials to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, all such communications are, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by Unitech or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Unitech is free to use, without any compensation to you, any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- Materials displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Unitech. The use of these materials by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission is provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images, information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statues, and subject to persecution.
- The Site refers to products and/or services that are generally available for purchase in Malaysia but may not be available in your particular country or locality. The reference to any such products or services in this Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time in your particular locality. You should therefore check with Unitech for specific product/service availability in your locality.
- Unitech is not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from the Site. Your linking to any other site is entirely at your own risk. While Unitech may provide links on this Site to other sites, the inclusion of such links is for your convenience only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the owner/sponsor of the site or the content of the site. Unitech disclaims all warranties, expressed and implied, as to the accuracy, validity, legality or otherwise of any materials or information contained on such sites.
- Although Unitech may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site,Unitech is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such communications nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity, or inaccuracy contained in any such communication. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law using the site. Unitech will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Unitech to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
- Unitech may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. Since you are bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should therefore periodically visit this page, by clicking the Legal and Trademark hyperlink at the bottom of the Unitech Web pages, to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Singapore, without reference to its conflicts of law rules.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) listed below are trademarks of Unitech and/or its affiliates. Any other Trademarks used in the Site are trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right of use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Unitech or such third party owner.
The Personal Protection Data Act (PDPA) takes effect in phases starting with the provisions relating to the formation of the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) on 2 January 2013. Provisions relating to the Do-Not-Call Registry will come into force on 2 January 2014 and the main data protection rules will come into force on 2 July 2014.
Unitech is proud to announce that we have put in place a set of procedures/policies in dealing with the personal data under our custodianship (whether the data is stored in electronic or non-electronic form), under the Personal Data Protect Act in Singapore.
Unitech Pte Ltd Data Protection Policy
To support this act, Unitech has established a Data Protection Unit that deals with all matters pertaining to personal data that are captured in Unitech’s registry from a business perspective, i.e. such as enquiries, events/conferences/seminars/exhibitions and social activities etc.
Unitech Data Protection Policy is intended to be a baseline policy/procedure conforming to Singapore Act established by PDPC. The objective of the Unitech Data Protection Policy is to regulate the organisation’s processes/activities relating to the collection, use & disclosure of personal data.
Unitech Pte Ltd is a service orientated company providing professional lightning solutions to its customers in the area of lightning safety and compliance for their plants and facilitilies.
As lightning thunderstorms is a form of atmospheric lightning activity between cloud to ground and cloud to cloud, and subject to statistical laws of nature in a random manner, no warranty is or can be made that 100% protection is achievable.
SSCP33:1996 lightning protection standard is only a guideline or code of practice for the protection of persons and property from the hazards arising from exposure to lightning. Our lightning installations, inspection audits and rectification works are based on the above standard as endorsed by our Professional Engineer in all our lightning reports.
The protection of structures, personnel and equipment from the direct lightning strikes is only one aspect of the overall lightning protection strategy. All earth termination networks which are annually audited and maintained with low impedance earthing and all surge protection of communications, data and telephone lines are equally essential.
Unitech Pte Ltd
The Lightning Safety Specialists
Audit | Maintenance | Consultancy